The role: Sponsorship Manager (12 Month FTC)
Betfair International are looking for a Sponsorship Manager to join our team in London.
This role follows a hybrid approach to working, allowing you to combine working from home with working in our modern offices. These discussions are between you and your manager to find the best pattern for you both! We will kit you out to work from home but know that working as a team is what makes us great and spending quality time together is essential for keeping us mission-aligned
Are you our next star player?
We are searching for a marketing Rockstar who can help us activate our top tier Sponsorship agreements to help continue our development of the Betfair brand across Global markets. Reporting to the Senior Sponsorship Manager, you will be responsible for the planning, development and delivery of our Sponsorship agreements ensuring alignment to the overall objectives of the Betfair International business. Given the high profile of our partnerships, we’re looking for a highly proficient multi-disciplined marketeer who is highly organised and both a strategic and creative problem-solver.
Why we need you:
At Betfair, we know awareness of our Brand is key to growing our footprint in international markets and as such, we are expanding our network of sponsorship and brand agreements. This has led to an opportunity arising for an ambitious marketer to join the team to develop our Sponsorship activations plans, with a particular focus on LATAM and Brazil in particular. With increased marketing investment to help our Brand grow internationally – this is an excellent time to join a growing team.
As a vital member of the wider Marketing team, you will be responsible for crafting and developing our Sponsorship activations plans for key partnerships including CONMEBOL Copa Libertadores and top Brazilian football club. You will also be responsible for supporting on negotiations of any further partnerships Betfair might consider.
You will be a central figure in helping to develop insight and learning-based campaigns and will collaborate with the wider marketing and commercial team to ensure that our sponsorship assets are fully activated, while a clear proposition is integrated and delivered accurately and effectively. Crucially you will ensure the sponsorship campaign touchpoints are all aligned with our brand strategy and will be able to demonstrate how our activations have helped to support our wider business goals through post campaign analysis.
The Sponsorship manager will work closely with our commercial, digital, studio, creative & activation agencies to bring our sponsorship agreements to life via through the line campaigns. You will demonstrate a sound knowledge of sponsorship activation best practice and will help to introduce new time saving activation processes.
The role requires a highly organised and logical problem-solver who can lead always on activations while also planning for hero campaign moments. You will have a track record of delivering operational excellence, with a high attention to detail in a fast-paced environment. Building relationships will be key to the success of this role, so a strong teammate who can use their initiative and demonstrate leadership is crucial to the role.
- Developing Sponsorship activation plans and campaigns for our key partnerships including, but not limited to CONMEBOL Libertadores & Sudamericana, top Brazilian football club and our brand ambassadors
- Ensure all Sponsorship assets are effectively and efficiently delivered, improving value from our agreements for the business.
- Define and set up Sponsorship activation processes, including delivery of hospitality packages.
- Develop insight led propositions through customer Insight & business data in order to build multi-channel advertising campaigns that deliver against business objectives
- Using consumer insight and business data to inform an evidence-based decision making
- Ensure our Sponsorship assets and proposition is embedded across all potential marketing touchpoints.
- Support negotiations for potential new sponsorship agreements across Betfair’s key territories
- Support post campaign analysis to demonstrate the value and success of each activation
- Be a key point of feedback and approval across channel executions which use Sponsorship assets to ensure they are aligned to both our brand guidelines and that of our partner
- Lead the relationship with our sponsorship activation agencies, taking responsibility for managing their output and costs
- Working closely with our Insights team to ensure our partnerships are accurately tracked to facilitate post campaign analysis.
Who we're looking for:
- Sponsorship experience: A track record of delivering major sponsorship campaigns across multi-channels, ideally Internationally and LATAM experience if preferred.
- Brand & Creative Knowledge: A detailed understanding of creative development and generally a creative mentality.
- Insight driven: Proven track record using both consumer insight and commercial data to inform campaign strategies and decision making.
- Multi-channel campaign delivery: A proven record of delivering customer facing campaigns which have delivered on their set objectives.
- Project Management: An ability to coordinate and lead a project, using your own initiative, to drive that project forward, both seeking & offering feedback to drive continuous improvement and deliver projects accurately and on time.
- Stakeholder & Peer Communication: The ability to engage and influence stakeholders at a range of levels across the organisation to deliver successful sponsorship plans
- Delivering results: Keeping business objectives and KPIs front of mind to demonstrate how value is delivered through sponsorship for the business.
- Sports / Sportsbook experience: A passion for sports and a curiosity about online/offline sports betting and gaming is a plus
- Bachelors / Masters in relevant fields
- Language skills, particularly Portuguese would be preferred
- Proven track record in driving commercial value for a consumer business (5+ years)
- Strong communication skills - brevity and ability to deliver a clear narrative
- Numerate & Data Savvy: Data driven by default
- Flexible: Adaptable to a changing environment and tactics
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive.
Your package will include:
- Discretionary annual performance bonus
- Starting from 25 days paid annual leave increasing with service
- Full software & hardware equipment will be provided alongside a one off home office allowance to allow you to work from home under our hybrid model
- Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- Personal life insurance and income protection
- The option to join our company pension scheme
- A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- In-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career, including full access to the Udemy platform
- Looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
- Online Discount Scheme, including discounted shopping and cinema vouchers
- Discounted gym membership
What happens next?
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for the role, you will be invited to a zoom interview.
Betfair International is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.